If you are interested in buying a home when you move to Silicon Valley, you will want to understand how real estate sales happen here (very likely, it’s a little different from where you’re coming from), how the market varies with its micro-climates, what you may need to understand about school district boundaries, the purchase contract choices you have, and a thousand other things.
I’m here to help. And if you are free to choose your own agent – and aren’t tied to a real estate professional who’s been “assigned” to you by your relocation benefits package – I hope you’ll talk with me and consider hiring me. I’m a Silicon Valley native, second generation Realtor in business full time since 1993 and am “award winning” over & over. In 2011 I was named “Best real estate agent in Silicon Valley” by the San Jose Mercury News it its annual poll of readers. (Please read more and find testimonials on popehandy.com.)
Sometimes, though, people want to browse and not engage right away. If that’s what you’re comfortable with, here are a few articles that I’ve written that I think you will find especially helpful as you get your toes wet with Silicon Valley real estate:
- What do you need to know before buying a home in Los Gatos? Info on school districts and more!
- What is the difference between the CAR and PRDS purchase agreements? Does it matter which contract is used?
- Buying a home – series of articles on my popehandy.com website.
- Suggested reading for home buyers – series of articles on my ValleyOfHeartsDelight.com site
- Home buyer tips – on ValleyOfHeartsDelight.com website